IRCTCIndianRailways.in is an effort to provide complete information about Indian Railways and various related topics railways of India. Indian Railways is known for its wide and largest network. It has the second largest rail network in the world. And it is not only the largest but also the busiest rail network in the world.
Indian railways runs thousands of trains every day. And to maintain a log of each train it is an arduous task. It is mission of IRCTCIndianRailways.in to provide all the information like – online reservation, seat availability, PNR Status, Tatkal ticket, Time Table and other information about coming and going of trains in India.
Today a large population of the country by trains as it is the most economical and easily accessible mode of transport. Indian railways has gone online via IRCTC and this has revolutionized the way we travel and book railway tickets in India. The people can now book the tickets online just by the click of the mouse; this is time saving and very convenient. The long queues outside the railway ticketing counter have now been shortened as most people have access to the Internet.
Getting the reservation done on Indian Rail via the IRCTC official website of Indian railways permits you to verify the railway ticket accessibility and PNR status in absolutely no time .It also offers a printing facility of the railway e-ticket – which has made the reservation system in India very convenient and comfortable for the people who are really tied down by their tight schedule.
Now a days Indian railways is making efforts round the clock to offer the most excellent services to the national and international tourists. Any person with a computer and net connection can have immediate booking of the tickets.
Few of the Fast Facts about Indian Railways:
- Railways were first introduced to India in 1853.
- The Fairy Queen is the oldest operating locomotive in the world today.
- The Mumbai–Pune Deccan Queen has the oldest running dining car in Indian Railways.
- The Bhopal Shatabdi Express is the fastest train in India today having a maximum speed of 150 km/h (93 mph).
- The Maharaja Railways is world’s longest narrow gauge railway line of just 0.6m width from Gwalior to Sheopur of 198 km. in length listed in the UNESCO world heritage tentative list.
- Kharagpur railway station is the world’s longest railway platform at 1,072 m (3,517 ft).
- The Himsagar Express has the longest run in terms of distance and time between Kanyakumari and Jammu Tawi on Indian Railways network.
- Indian Railways is the world’s fourth largest railway network.
- It is one of the world’s largest commercial or utility employers, with more than 1.6 million employees.
Indian Railway Guide and Information:
- How to plan your train travel according to train schedule?
- Consider using special trains for making journey memorable
- Various Types of Accommodation of Railways
- Special Consideration for Railways Employees
- Get Information About The PNR Status Online
- Make Journey Easier with Online Train Ticket Reservation
- Buying Railway Tickets at the Soonest
- Book Your Tickets at a Click with Railway e-Ticketing
- Simple and Fast Way to Make Reservation
- Understanding the Information Standards of Online Systems
- Indian Railway Budget Financial 2011-12
- Indian Railways Websites